WHAT IS STEM CELL TECHNOLOGY ?
Stem cell technology is a rapidly developing field that combines the efforts of cell biologists, geneticists, and clinicians and offers hope of effective treatment for a variety of malignant and non-malignant diseases. Stem cells are defined as totipotent progenitor cells capable of self renewal and multilineage differentiation. Stem cells survive well and show stable division in culture, making them ideal targets for in vitro manipulation.
- - Stem cells are progenitor cells that are capable of self renewal and differentiation into many different cell lineages
- - Stem cells have potential for treatment of many malignant and non-malignant diseases
- - Peripheral blood stem cells are used routinely in autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation
- - Gene transfer into haematopoetic stem cells may allow treatment of genetic or acquired diseases
- - Embryonic stem cells may eventually be grown in vitro to produce complex organs
- - Neuronal stem cells are being used for neurone replacement in neurovegetative disorders such as Parkinson’s and Huntingdon’s diseases.
HOW STEM CELL WORKS ?
The body is made up of about 200 different kinds of specialized cells such as muscle cells, nerve cells, fat cells and skin cells. All specialized cells originate from stem cells. A stem cell is a cell that is not yet specialized. The process of specialization is called differentiation and once the differentiation pathway of a stem cell has been decided, it can no longer become another type of cell.
Stem cells have different levels of potential. A stem cell that can become every type of cell in the body is called pluripotent and a stem cell that can become only some types of cells is called multipotent.
USES OF STEM CELLS
- Stem cells can actively divide and produce new blood cells within two to six weeks.
- will stimulate regeneration of the blood components in the bone marrow damaged by high doses of chemotherapy or radiation. This often occurs in leukemia or lymphoma, for example, when the bone marrow is diseased and must be destroyed.
- Stem cells can correct defects in children with inherited or inborn errors of metabolism by replacing these defective cells in the bone marrow with new, non-defective cells.
- Stem cells can produce other types of cells that travel to the brain, liver, and other organs. Research is currently being done on these other uses.
Vincent C. Giampapa, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a Board Certified Plastic Reconstructive Surgeon as well as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Emerging from a family of internationally prominent physicians, Dr. Nathan Newman, M.D. is carrying on an important legacy. He is a world-renowned cosmetic surgeon with a fully-accredited and respected cosmetic surgery practice in Beverly Hills, California.
Dr. William Amzallag received his degree in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care as well as a degree in Chinese Medicine from the University of Montpellier in France.
Dr. Antarr has always had a passionate interest in both science and helping people feel healthy and strong naturally. A graduate of the New York City High School of Performing Arts as a ballet major, she continued as a professional ballet dancer throughout college and medical school.
HOW JEUNESSE PRODUCTS BENEFIT YOU ?
Jeunesse keeps you young in six vital ways:
Developed by a world-renowned cosmetic surgeon, the LUMINESCE™ skincare line offers exclusive, patent-pending stem cell technology that supports your natural ability to restore and rejuvenate skin—with incredible results.
Instantly Ageless™ is a powerful anti-wrinkle microcream that works quickly and effectively to diminish the visible signs of aging. Users have seen dramatic results in seconds.
AM & PM Essentials™ contain potent vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that enhance healthy cellular function and delay premature aging.
RESERVE™ is a fortified fruit blend that combines a host of superfruits and antioxidants to defend cells from environmental damage.
Nobel Prize-winning research shows that shortened telomeres—the protective end caps of our DNA—are a fundamental cause of aging. FINITI™ contains a powerful, patented supplement shown to lengthen and restore short telomeres in humans.
Carefully formulated to balance your metabolism, ZEN BODI™ is a targeted, holistic approach to weight management. By curbing cravings, burning fat, and building muscle, ZEN BODI™ opens the path to health and restores the body’s natural mechanisms.